Boost Mobile Customer Service Number
Boost Mobile Customer Service Number: 1 888-266-7848
Boost Mobile Customer Service Number: 1 866-402-7366
Boost Mobile Customer Service Hours:
Monday-Friday: 4 AM – 8 PM, PST
Saturday & Sunday: 4 AM – 7 PM, PST
Why Do People Call For The Boost Mobile Customer Care Number?
Boost Mobile is working in the field of telecommunication with smartphones and wireless. It is operating in Australia, New Zealand, and the United States of America. It has many customers with multiple problems related to its products and customers call on the Boost Mobile customer support number to solve their problems. These phone numbers do not have a call back facility. Some of its problems faced by the boost mobile customers are given below:
- People call for the general information
- People want to change or canceling service
- Customer calls for the payment arrangement
- Customer want support for Boost mobile my account issues
- Customer calls for the questions about bills and charges
- People want to transfer their service
- Customer call if they need technical support
- People call for the purchasing of new devices
- Customer calls for the device support
- Customer want to arrange for the return and upgrade
- People call for the lost or broken phone
- People call for problem-related to a PIN
- Customer calls for setting up new service
- Customer calls for the replacement of a device
- Other issues
Boost Mobile customer care department can handle various types of customer problems. But they can not solve the problems where hardware is involved or the physical appearance of customers is needed.
Boost Mobile is an Australian based wireless telecommunication company established in 2000 and its parent company is Dish Wireless. Its headquarters is located in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, and the USA headquarters is located in Irvine, California, United States of America. It was established by Peter Adderton and it is serving in the Australia and USA. It offers products to its customers like smartphones and wireless service.
In Australia Boost Mobile is using the Telstra mobile network and in the USA it is using the T-Mobile network to provide wireless services to its customers. It closed its operation in New Zealand in 2007. 100 texts for one dollar is the most aggressive marketing campaign launched by the Boost Mobile to gain attention but it creates text disorder. So that company was criticized by the market.
Official Website: Boost Mobile