Internal Revenue Service short form is IRS. IRS Customer Service Number for Individuals is 800-829-1040.
IRS Customer Service Number for Businesses is 800-829-4933
IRS Customer Service Hours for Individuals and Businesses: 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM Local Time
IRS Customer Service Phone Number for Non-profit Taxes: 877-829-5500
Note: Closed until further notice
IRS Customer Service Phone Number for Estate and Gift Taxes (Form 706/709)
IRS Customer Service Hours: 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM ET
IRS Phone Number for Excise taxes is 866-699-4096
IRS Customer Service Hours: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM ET
Callers Who Are Hearing And Speech Impaired
IRS Customer Service Number For Face To Face Appointment is 844-545-5640
IRS Phone Number For Overseas callers
Use the IRS International Services web portal.
International Taxpayer Service Call Center Phone Number
IRS Customer Service Number For International Taxpayers: 267-941-1000 It’s not Toll-Free
IRS Fax Number For International Tax Account Issues: 681-247-3101
IRS Customer Service Hours: 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM ET
Business Taxpayer Residents Of Puerto Rico And The USA Virgin Islands
IRS Toll-Free Phone Number: 800-829-1040.
IRS Customer Service Hours: 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM Mon – Fri
International Taxpayer Advocate Contact
Tax Advocate Customer Service Number:
787-522-8601 – English
787-522-8600 – Spanish
855-818-5697 – Fax
IRS has a panel of tax advocates for the better guidance of USA citizens. If Taxpayer wants to talk with tax advocate then they can call on tax advocate customer service number as per their language or fax number for a written request.
IRS Website: Official Website
How Customers Can Get Targeted Help?
IRS is covering the whole country and other affiliated states and islands. It’s also offering many services regarding internal revenue services for individuals and businessmen. So instead of wandering here and there, you can get targeted support from calling the IRS customer service number. IRS has mentioned a targeted help menu. So you clearly tell about your problem and your call will be transferred to the relevant IRS customer service agent.
- Transcript Ordering issue
- IRS Tax Help
- Missing IRS Refund
- Tracking Your Refund
- Payment Agreement Setup
- IRS stimulus check
IRS Live Agent Access
IRS has well established the IVR system and a targeted menu already configured in IVR. IRS customers can ask many questions and solve their problems. But if you want to get access to IRS live agent you follow a specified method for targeted IRS customer service live person. When your call will be connected:
- Then press ‘1’ for the English language
- Then you press ‘2’ for Personal Income Taxes
- Then press ‘1’
- Then press ‘3’
- Then press ‘2’
- Then press ‘0’
- Then ‘#’
- When it asks for your social security number Then ‘2’
Its a specified format for one service. You can change this as per your requirement.
Important Customer Issues Received At IRS Customer Service
Many calls have received at the IRS call center for the IRS customer support on a daily basis. Some problems are categorized by the IRS call center and mentioned here.
- Replacement of damaged and lost check from IRS customer service
- How do IRS state tax refund?
- Can we call the IRS with a tax question
- How do we get copies of tax returns and transcripts from the IRS?
- How do customers can apply for payments plan from IRS
- How do customers can apply for an installment plan from the IRS?
Reasons of Calling at IRS Customer Support
There are various reasons for which customers of the IRS are calling the IRS customer service number. They can call for different problems related to their taxes.
- Customers call on the IRS customer service number for the IRS forms and publications related issues.
- You can call for IRS refund calendar updates
- People call for IRS refund status about FED tax refund
- People call on the IRS phone number for IRS federal refund status updates.
- Customers can call on IRS customer service for IRS estimated tax payment online
- Calling on IRS payment plan customer service number for help
- People can schedule a meeting with IRS agent on IRS customer service number
- People can request for help from the Taxpayer Advocate Service
- Reportings about their identity theft at IRS customer service
- Call IRS customer service for questions about communications allegedly from the IRS
- People can call for IRS refund tracker customer support
- Federal IRS phone number is available for the help of IRS customers
Internal Revenue Service
Internal Revenue Service is also called IRS. IRS is the government agency for collecting revenue from United States of America. Its working under the Department of Treasury in USA. Its responsibility is collecting the taxes from those who are under the tax law of USA. And its working under the commissioner of internal revenue guidelines who is appointed by the president of USA for the duration of 5 years. It has more than 74 thousands employees in USA.