Contact Vodacom Customer Care Call Center Toll-Free Phone Number
Customer Service Department
Call Vodacom Customer Care Number From Vodacom Handset:
Call Vodacom Customer Care Phone Number From Abroad:
+27 82 135
Call Vodacom Customer Care Hours:
Call Vodacom Customer Service Number For Repair Call Centre:
Call Vodacom Fibre Customer Service Phone Number:
Call Vodacom Customer Support For Data Support:
Call Vodacom Helpline Number For Cancellations:
Call Vodacom Customer Care Number For Sales and Upgrades:
Call Vodacom Customer Service Number For Corporate:
Call Vodacom Customer Service Number For Corporate Office:
+27 11 653 5000
Vodacom Corporate Park:
082 Vodacom Boulevard,
Vodacom Postal Address:
Private Bag X9904,
Vodacom Customer Service Email Id For Media Relations For Byron Kennedy:
Vodacom Customer Care Email Id For Investor Relations For JP Davids:
Vodacom Company Secretary Email Id For Karen Robinson:
Official Website: Vodacom
Vodacom is a mobile telecommunications company operating in various countries in Africa. It was founded in 1994 and is headquartered in South Africa. Vodacom provides a range of mobile communication services, including voice, messaging, data and converged services to more than 110 million customers in several African countries, including South Africa, Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Mozambique, and Lesotho.
Vodacom is part of the Vodafone Group, a multinational telecommunications company based in the UK. Vodafone owns a majority stake in Vodacom, and the two companies collaborate closely in many areas, including network infrastructure and technology development.
VodaCom Products and Services
Vodacom offers a range of products and services, including voice, messaging, data, and converged services, to meet the communication needs of its customers in various African countries. Below is a detailed explanation of Vodacom’s products and services:
- Voice services: Vodacom provides voice services that allow customers to make calls to other mobile and landline numbers. These services include prepaid and postpaid voice plans, international roaming, and international calling.
- Messaging services: Vodacom offers messaging services, including SMS and MMS, which allow customers to send and receive messages, photos, and videos.
- Data services: Vodacom provides a range of data services, including prepaid and postpaid data plans, mobile internet, and Wi-Fi hotspot services. Customers can also purchase data bundles, which offer discounted rates for specific amounts of data.
- Converged services: Vodacom’s converged services include packages that combine voice, messaging, and data services into a single plan. These packages offer customers greater value for money and convenience.
- Content services: Vodacom provides content services, including music and video streaming, gaming, and news services. These services can be accessed through the Vodacom app or the Vodacom website.
- Financial services: Vodacom also offers financial services, including mobile money and banking services. Customers can use these services to send and receive money, pay bills, and purchase airtime and data bundles.
- Internet of Things (IoT) services: Vodacom provides IoT services that enable customers to connect and manage their devices, including smart homes, cars, and wearables. These services include device management, data analytics, and network connectivity.
Overall, Vodacom’s products and services are designed to provide customers with reliable, convenient, and affordable communication solutions, which are tailored to meet their unique needs.
How To Contact VodaCom Customer Service Department?
To contact Vodacom customer service, you can use any of the following methods:
- Call the Vodacom customer service hotline: You can call the Vodacom customer service hotline on 135 from a Vodacom number or 082 135 from any other phone. This service is available 24/7.
- Use the Vodacom Website: You can go to the Vodacom website, click on the “Support” tab, and then select the “Contact us” option. From there, you can choose to either chat with a customer service representative or submit a query or complaint through an online form.
- Visit a Vodacom Store: You can visit any Vodacom store near you and speak to a customer service representative in person. You can find the nearest store by using the store locator feature on the Vodacom website.
- Use Social Media: Vodacom has a presence on social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook, where you can send them a direct message or tweet to them with your query or complaint.
Regardless of the method you choose, make sure you have your account details ready to help the customer service representative to serve you better.